[ckan-dev] Too many .lock files

Tyler Kennedy tk at tkte.ch
Wed Aug 7 10:37:01 UTC 2019

These lock files are created by beaker and are used for locking user
sessions. Sounds like your instance is misconfigured. Beaker's on-disk
locking is really bad in the case where you have multiple frontend servers
and do not have server pinning enabled on your load balancer. You can
change beaker's configuration in your ckan.ini and update it to use a
shared backend like redis.

The version of beaker used by datagovuk is from 2015, simply updating may
solve your problem as a number of problems have been fixed in upstream
beaker.