[ckan-dev] Customizing the Organization & Group new form

mane moshref many_yammy at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 2 09:17:41 UTC 2019

Hello,

I would like to add some fields to both my Organization and Group forms.I assumed the simplest way should have been using ckanext-schemming. However, it turned out to be confusing.First of all, if I add my own organization schema with the ("organization_type": "organization"), i received an error saying:"ValueError: An existing IGroupForm is already associated with the group type 'organization'"Please note that my assumption was that i will automatically replace the new org_type with the default one.
I commented out the corresponding line in the ckan/lib/plugin.py (https://github.com/ckan/ckan/blob/master/ckan/lib/plugins.py#L216) to see whether it replaces my schema with the default one but it didn't.
Now my question is, either with the help of ckanext-schemming or another way, how can I add some attributes to my organization and group form? (preferable not writing a new extension)

Best regardsMani
P.s. I hope this group is still active till 19. Dec.