[ckan-dev] Removing Facets with Plugin

Trenton Manson tmanson at onipaa.org
Tue Dec 10 22:54:26 UTC 2019

Aloha,

I was trying to remove the license and format facets be deleting from the `facets_dict` through the IFacets plugin interface with like below.

plugins.implements(plugins.IFacets)

    def dataset_facets(self, facets_dict, package_type):
        '''Add new search facet (filter) for datasets.
        This must be a field in the dataset (or organization or
        group if you're modifying those search facets, just change the function).
        '''

        del facets_dict['license']
        del facets_dict['res_format']

        # Return the updated facet dict.
        return facets_dict

This crashes the page.  Am I taking the wrong approach?  Any advice is appreciated.

Mahalo nui,
[/var/folders/hx/np81c8v9461db4wp5r1_6qrr0000gn/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/Content.MSO/3155E392.tmp]
Trenton Manson | Data Science Manager
1100 Alakea Street  | Honolulu, HI 96813
Cell: 808.421.9832 | Website:  www.onipaa.org<http://www.onipaa.org/>