[ckan-dev] Datapusher not triggered for updated resources

Alberto Miedes alberto at populate.tools
Thu Feb 14 15:37:22 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

We're running a CKAN setup with Harvester + Datapusher. Everyday we run the
harvester and expect all resources to be updated and re-uploaded to
DataStore via DataPusher, but that is not happening (even with the hash
changed). DataPusher is only triggered when a new resource is added.

I think the problem is that datapusher_submit
<https://github.com/ckan/ckan/blob/master/ckanext/datapusher/plugin.py#L140-L142>
is
only called when the resource is new
<https://github.com/ckan/ckan/blob/master/ckanext/datapusher/plugin.py#L109-L110>
.

One way to avoid this problem is to force all resources to be detected as
new in the harvester, but then we'd have to create a periodic task to
delete old DataStore tables because then they won't be cleared. And it's
not very clean.

¿Is there something I am missing? ¿What was the purpose of this behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Alberto Miedes