[ckan-dev] Approach for preveting annomyous access to CKAN site

Kim Henriksen kh at ipimp.at
Thu Jul 25 18:06:58 UTC 2019

I wan't my CKAN site to require authentication to view any page. But the
only solution I have found so far, is using the IAuthFunctions / site_read
function.

But I can't figure a way to redirect to the login form and/or autologin
(remember me) users.

Blocking access via site_read will show a forbidden message on all pages
and the API will return a 500 error on all requests until logged in /
providing API key - and thats not very user friendly.

Here is my question on StackOverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56757845/approach-for-preveting-annomyous-access-to-ckan-site

Here is a few related questions:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27360247/ckan-with-data-access-only-after-login?noredirect=1&lq=1
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51069265/how-to-redirect-ckan-to-external-url-unless-authorized-or-signed-in?noredirect=1&lq=1

I hope someone here can answer the questions

--
Mvh.
Kim Henriksen