[ckan-dev] Harvesting OAI-PMH in CKAN

Cam Findlay cam at camfindlay.com
Tue Mar 5 01:36:05 UTC 2019

Hi folk,

We're looking in to being able to harvest from OAI-PMH endpoints from our
CKAN portal (currently 2.7.x but will move to 2.8.x at some point).

We've tried a number of the listed harvester extensions for CKAN for this
protocol and none seem to be maintained or functional currently (at least
for recent CKAN versions).

Does anyone have a more up to date extension available they would be
willing to share?

We've had the most success with this extension (though it still failed when
it gets to the "fetch" state for harvesting.

https://github.com/openresearchdata/ckanext-oaipmh

Thanks in advance.

Cam
data.govt.nz