[ckan-dev] Home/landing page

Neuvonen Samuli samuli.neuvonen at ymparisto.fi
Wed Mar 27 08:06:55 UTC 2019

Hello,

I'm not sure what's the official way to do it, but in our environment the way to run CKAN in debug mode is to do it locally, on the server. So, I do it as follows:

1.      Log on the server (remote desktop or Putty or whatever way you do it).

2.      Stop Apache:

apachectl stop

3.      Change parameters in the production.ini (or development.ini, if you use that) to something like:

debug = true
ckan.site_url = http://127.0.0.1:5000

4.      Start locally with paster:

. /usr/lib/ckan/default/bin/activate
cd /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan
paster serve /etc/ckan/default/production.ini

After this, the site can viewed locally on the server, opening a browser at http://127.0.0.1:5000/.

When you want to return "online", do the opposite (first killing the paster process).

Again, I'm not sure if this is the normal way to do it, especially as our CKAN version is a bit of a mix. In this case I hope someone else on the list can provide the correct way. I would be interested to hear it as well...

Hope this helps,
Sam