[ckan-dev] Temporal search in CKAN

mane moshref many_yammy at yahoo.com
Mon May 13 08:54:58 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I need to add a temporal search function to my CKAN. I want the user to add the temporal range related to their datasets.I have only found this extension:
https://github.com/EUDAT-B2FIND/ckanext-datesearch

I successfully added the extension and visually it looks as expected. However, the results of the query search are always empty.I have a couple of questions:1. I do not receive any error to reproduce it here. So, I assume, the extra fields I added to my dataset should be incorrect that I receive nothing. Am I right?2. What should I exactly add into my dataset additional field as the start or end date? I mean what should be the field key / name. and if it is opened (real-time dataset), is it possible to leave out the end time?
3. First of all, is there any better extension for CKAN? It is very limited. So, if I wanna search for a specific time of months or day, this extensions doesn't let me do that via Web GUI.
Thanks in advance for your helpMani