[ckan-dev] Confirmation email after registration

mane moshref many_yammy at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 13:10:27 UTC 2019

Dear all,
In our Ckan instance, we would like to make sure that the email address given for each user is valid and not misused. In fact, only email addresses from our domain are accepted.However, in the registration process, the user does not receive any confirmation email. It means anyone can still register using someone else's email and log-in.I have read a couple of issues like Improvements to User Management · Issue #2838 · ckan/ckan, but couldn't see any solutions. Does anyone know whether there is any extension or add-on function for Ckan to make the 2 level registration possible?

This is at the moment our main problem, but I have couple of other questions in case any of you has ideas or answer for them:
1. For adding a person to an organization, is there any possibility to do this via email address instead of username? I assume it is possible but the question is why it is limited to the username? is there any reason for that?It is important because we know the email addresses however the username is not obvious to us and it makes it easier for us only to use the email addresses.Another possibility for us is to use the full name as it is also obvious to us (assuming everybody uses her/his full name)

It would be nice if you tell me which part of the code I should change to have both username and email & fullname search.

2. Is there any functionality to send an email notification when e.g. a person is added to an organization?I know CKAN has the email notification which works with setting up a cron job (we already did). However, I would rather like to instantly notify a user when he is added/deleted/... to a group or organization?

Best regardsMandana