[ckan-dev] Map widget showing by default all the datasets

mane moshref many_yammy at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 15:45:42 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I have a general question which I could not find answer for that in the internet so far.

My client is interested to have an atlas view (kind of a full page map view) where all the datasets (packages) with spatial field, are presented (simply with one simple symbol for all the datasets). So one can see from each district area in a city how many datasets are available. something similar to this interface:
https://geoportal-hamburg.de/Geoportal/geo-online/

Is there such a development on top of ckanext-spatial or for ckan with ckanext-spatial?
The problem is that the current spatial widget for querying the dataset only works if you want to choose the bbox / an area and check whether there is any datasets there or not. But I need to have a scale-aware map-centerd view where either all the data can be shown or a user chooses the favorite thematic groups(here for me is group)and then the datasets are called and presented in the map. The datasets/packages of ckan needs to be only presented as point with simple and similar symbol.

Can anyone advice me on this?
Best regards
Mani