[ckan-discuss] CKAN UI improvements #1 - Package Page

Richard Pope richard at memespring.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 13:45:07 GMT 2010

Based on the feedback I've done a second pass at the package page:

http://ckan.org/wiki/UIRedesignPackage

There are two new mockups there, the second one includes some optional
UI - a welcome message for users landing from google and a banner
showing that information is missing.

It's probably easiest to look over the mockups, but a couple fo
specific things of note:

Comments/discussion - I've changed the name to 'Questions and
comments' and added the number of items to the button. I actually
think this makes it more prominent than having them further down the
page, and hopefully tells the users at first glance that they can
interact with this page.

Downloads / resources - I've gone with 'Downloads and resources' as
the title, so as to accomodate  RDF etc, and added an explanation
under the table.

API / datapkg - I've added a visually obviously separate section for
code related stuff and included some examples for using datapkg.

--
/*
richard at memespring.co.uk
memespring.co.uk