[ckan-discuss] Unable to create plug-in template

Stefan Urbanek stefan.urbanek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 23:49:23 GMT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to create a new plugin by following: http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/doc/ckan/plugins.html#writing-plugins

However, I am stuck with:
	paster create -t ckan_plugin myplugin

which gives me:
	LookupError: Template by name 'ckan_plugin' not found

I have installed ckan locally and it works, also I have ckanext installed. I had to do (not found in ckan docs):
	python setup.py install_lib

to be able to install ckanext.

Also I was trying to make ckanext-stats plugin to work (just to see how plugins work). I had to do two minor fixes in ckanext/stats/__init__.py:

	from ckan.plugins import IMapper
	from ckan.plugins import IRoutes

Then added following to *.ini file as suggested by the documentation:
	[app:main]
	ckan.plugins = ckanext-stats

neither using 'ckanext.stats' helped:

	ckan.plugins.core.PluginNotFoundException: ckanext-stats

What I am doing wrong or missing?

Regards,

Stefan