[ckan-discuss] CKAN universal catalog.

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Fri Dec 10 17:06:46 GMT 2010

Hi Keng,

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Patipat Susumpow <kengggg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if there's any CKAN universal catalog for CKAN data sets?
> Since we're now have a lot of CKAN instances by, let say, country.
>
> It would be nice if we could search a 'spending data' across countries' data
> set, e.g. UK, CA, TH etc..

This is work in (intermittent) progress, the current alpha is at
http://search.ckan.net - but I hope that we can soon include all CKAN
instances as well as a number of other catalogues into this. I would
even like to make querying the entire index an option on CKAN.net
("remote" packages could be flagged somehow).

Is this what you mean? Would you be interested in helping with this?

Cheers,

 Friedrich