No subject

Sun Dec 12 18:29:16 GMT 2010

API/wrapper, umbrella project (e.g. BioRDF, data.gov.uk). That is because
we'd like to require different info from each.

So far we've been improvising ok with tags, though. So if that would
complicate UX, or nobody else sees the need, we're fine.

Cheers,
Pablo
On Aug 10, 2011 4:56 AM, "Tim McNamara" <tim.mcnamara at okfn.org> wrote:
> An editorial Q:
>
> what is the policy on thedatahub.org for services which are data
> generators, like an API but don't actually hold data resources per se?
> Specifically semantictweet (http://ckan.net/package/semantictweet)
> requires you to provide a Twitter user name. It then creates a FOAF
> record for you.

--20cf30427004385f3504aa214bb0

As part od the LOD cloud diagram cataloguing effort we tagged some packages=
 as &#39;wrappers&#39;. They would also fit in this category.</p>
wrapper</a><br>
/thedatahub.org/package?q=3Dwrapper&amp;tag=3Dlod</a></p>
: dataset, API/wrapper, umbrella project (e.g. BioRDF, <a href=3D"http://da=
ta.gov.uk">data.gov.uk</a>). That is because we&#39;d like to require diffe=
rent info from each.</p>

 complicate UX, or nobody else sees the need, we&#39;re fine.</p>
Pablo</p>
; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tim.mcnamara at okfn.org">tim.mcnamara at okfn.org</a>&gt=
 is the policy on <a href=3D"http://thedatahub.org">thedatahub.org</a> for =
services which are data<br>
&gt; generators, like an API but don&#39;t actually hold data resources per=
 se?<br>&gt; Specifically semantictweet (<a href=3D"http://ckan.net/package=
/semantictweet">http://ckan.net/package/semantictweet</a>)<br>&gt; requires=
 you to provide a Twitter user name. It then creates a FOAF<br>
-discuss at lists.okfn.org">ckan-discuss at lists.okfn.org</a><br>&gt; <a href=3D=