[ckan-discuss] [okfn-help] Request for 'Other (Attribution)' on license list?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Feb 9 14:39:00 GMT 2010

On 13 January 2010 20:35, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
> Can we add 'Other (Attribution)' to license list? We have 'Other
> (Public Domain)' - which is really useful. Non-standard attribution

Done and deployed to http://www.ckan.net. Also released v0.2 of
licenses "package" which includes this and Other (Public Domain)
items:

<http://pypi.python.org/pypi/licenses/0.2>

> licenses are also common. Especially on terms and conditions in
> academia and official institutions. E.g. the EU:
>
>  http://ec.europa.eu/geninfo/legal_notices_en.htm#copyright
>
> "Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, save
> where otherwise stated."

Yes indeed. In the long term I think we'd like to pass these through
some official process to have them approved as
http://www.opendefinition.org/ compliant but it seems a good interim
solution to have this generic category.

Regards,

Open Knowledge Foundation