[ckan-discuss] Overhauling CKAN documentation: call for participation

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Feb 15 15:47:51 GMT 2010

A major overhaul/improvement of the CKAN documentation is planned and
this is a call for help! Main thing to emphasize is planned division
between:

  * User docs/manual - for end users of a CKAN installation
  * Developer/Coder docs - CKAN code (plus API) plus sysadmin (INSTALL etc)

Focus of CFP is the user manual. I've put an overview and plan here:
<http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan/doc/> Comments very welcome. Main
take-aways:

* User docs: help wanted -- please add yourself to the wiki page if
you are interested in helping out
  * User docs will be located somewhere we can all collaborate so I
suggest using the wiki: <http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan/doc/>

* Dev docs: need to live close to code so best place is probably in
mercurial repo at /doc/ - will be done mainly by developers

Regards,