[ckan-discuss] Suggestion: better visibility of Ontologies

Christophe Guéret christophe.gueret at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 12:03:27 GMT 2010

Hello,

I received a call from the NeON people to contribute in building this list
of ontologies : http://ontologydesignpatterns.org/wiki/Ontology:Main
This made me think that there is no much visibility for ontologies on CKAN.
There are some and the only way I found to spot them is to look for the tag
"ontology".
Would it make sens to make a distinction between data packages and ontology
packages on the main page of CKAN ?
This would help finding ontologies and also would position CKAN as both a
data catalog and ontology/vocabulary/schema catalog (like schemaweb).

Christophe

--
Dr. Christophe Guéret (cgueret at few.vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~cgueret/