[ckan-discuss] Getting started with CKAN Norway (no.ckan.net)

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Feb 23 20:04:11 GMT 2010

Hi Olav,

Great to meet you today, and good to hear that you're interested in
contributing to a Norwegian instance of CKAN! I've added you to our
'ckan-discuss' list to talk about how to take this forward.

The first step is translating the CKAN file.

Daniel, Benoit: perhaps we could collaborate on putting together a
brief page on the OKF wiki explaining how to do this? (I'll be around
on IRC tomorrow...)

Then we can get no.ckan.net up and running and import your metadata.

Rufus, David, John: Olav and others have put together a spreadsheet of
Norwegian open data, currently with 139 items [1]. Any ideas on next
steps in terms of importing this to CKAN? More background info at [2].

[1] http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AsEFV_gbhE48dDJOdF94VkdWMGpLS1RNbTBjV2FvZlE&hl=en
[2] http://blog.okfn.org/2010/02/18/open-government-data-in-norway-mounting-interest-but-no-breakthrough-yet/

--
Jonathan Gray