[ckan-discuss] Getting started with CKAN Norway (no.ckan.net)

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Wed Feb 24 17:44:52 GMT 2010

Great to see the i18n wiki take shape - cheers for the work on this guys.

We have some docs already for the web importer here:
http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/doc/ckan/importer.html
It's not finished, but you can get an idea of where it's at at:
http://test.ckan.net/importer
Do email feedback if you have ideas where this could go and who can
contribute to the code.

As far as customizing the front-end, I assume you mean the package
read/edit pages? Currently we are customizing a package edit form for
government - you can see this in the code at ckan/forms/package_gov.py
but the read side is not customized. And I'm not convinced this is
best way to proliferate with more forms. A more easily pluggable form
schema and pluggable fields may well be valuable enough to work
towards.

David