[ckan-discuss] Thoughts on a plugin system

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Jul 11 11:24:40 BST 2010

On 11 July 2010 09:57, Glen Barnes <glen at opengovt.org.nz> wrote:

> On 11/07/2010, at 1:22 PM, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>> = Examples of Plugins =
>>
>>  1. Custom forms (with extra fields) for CKAN (we already have this)
>
>>     1. Custom form widgets (e.g. geo field)
>
> Agreed we need some way of customising the forms to support various datatypes and
> countries. It should also support a bunch of different types:
>
> - Lookup list
> - Geo
> - images

Completely agreed. Just to be clear: there is already a way to
extend/customize the CKAN forms in a plugin-like way (i.e. without
touching CKAN core codebase and by setting a single config option).
This however does not involve a custom field for geo or images though
(but there is a lookup list -- if by that you mean a input of type
select!)

Open Knowledge Foundation