[ckan-discuss] Another PHP client for the CKAN API

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jul 12 09:07:03 BST 2010

On 12 July 2010 01:33, Jeffrey Barke <jeffrey.barke at jeffreybarke.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just released another PHP client for the CKAN API. It's on GitHub at <http://github.com/jeffreybarke/Ckan_client-PHP>.

Wow, this is great Jeffrey. Thanks so much for sharing this -- we'll
add into our list of 3rd party API libraries right away.

> Currently, not all of the APIs are implemented (some of the PUT/POST methods of the model API and the resource, revision and tag search API resources) and the documentation is a bit sparse, but I hope to address those issues next weekend.

Great.

> Let me know what you think.

I'm not a PHP expert so I'm sure there are others here who are more
knowledgeable than I so I won't comment directly on the code :).

However I do have one idea/suggestion for how to use the library:
making a wordpress plugin. In particular what about:

a) a sidebar (or page) widget/plugin to search CKAN packages (either
displaying results inline or just showing a simple summary with a link
out to main package)
b) displaying a list of the top 10 packages for a given tag or group
in the sidebar (or show the most recently updated/added packages in
that tag or group ...). Again it could just  be a summary with a link
out to the main package page

Open Knowledge Foundation