[ckan-discuss] Guidance for use of Author and Maintainer fields

Richard Cyganiak richard at cyganiak.de
Mon Jul 26 23:20:36 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm looking for some guidance on the use of the Author and Maintainer
fields in CKAN.

Often the author of a dataset is not an individual, but a group or
organisation. Should I enter the name of the organisation in the
Author field?

What if the author is an organisation, but I also know the name and
email of an individual who is particularly responsible for this dataset?

Is there some convention for entering the organisation's (or
individual's) homepage as well?

Finally, what's the recommended use of the Maintainer field?

Thanks a lot,
Richard