[ckan-discuss] [wdmmg-discuss] Request for scraping and keeping in closer contact

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jun 1 11:48:40 BST 2010

Removing cc to wdmmg-discuss and adding ckan-discuss ...

On 28 May 2010 23:10, Donovan Hide <donovanhide at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rufus, Alistair,
>
> I've attached a patch which might help with the integration of
> Scraperwiki with CKAN. It basically adds to the CKAN API:

This looks good. I guess one question is that we might want to use
api/rest/resource for existing package resources and for this to be a
query (basically you are looking for a string match on
http://scraperwiki.com/....)

Would you be happy to ticket this (you should be able to) on
http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac and attach patch and then we can
implement :)

> http://ckan.net/api/rest/resource
>
> which returns something like:
>
> {
>    "http://scraperwiki.com/scrapers/show/welsh-primary-schools-performance-data/":
> [
>        "http://ckan.net/package/income_tax",
>        "http://ckan.net/package/schools"
>    ],
>    "http://scraperwiki.com/scrapers/export/nottingham-council-schools/": [
>        "http://ckan.net/package/schools"
>    ],
>    "http://scraperwiki.com/scrapers/export/income-tax-rates/": [
>        "http://ckan.Alistair Turnbull <apt1002 at mupsych.org>,net/package/income_tax"
>    ],
> }
>
> This would enable some jQuery on ScraperWiki to run live queries
> against CKAN to check if a scraper is referenced on the site. If it
> seems like a good idea, it might make sense to make a POST version
> which only returns a single record. Let me know any thoughts.

Nice idea. Will you need jsonp support for this to work?

rufus