[ckan-discuss] CKAN CSV alert

koumenides c.l. (clk1v07) clk1v07 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jun 9 14:14:24 BST 2010

for dates, I basically used a set of rules in my conversion to realign the month and day intervals to be consistent to the ISO8601 format in all the dates. For dates that only the year was available I used 01-01 for months and days. I can't remember how thorough my scripts were (probably > 80%), but I was very satisfied and used them for a visualization in one of my papers.

I would also advice for URIs for tags, avoid any bnodes (i.e. b36188902000082 in http://world.ckan.net/data.gov.uk/data/emissions-of-ammonia), and correct use of dcat:distribution (ideally should link to a dcat:Download and not the csv file). Assuming that you do plan to include proper uris for agencies, authors, departments, and not stay with bnodes.

p.s. it is not very clear in the dcat spec if the property dcat:dataset has a CatalogRecord for domain, but it does make sense to use it that way.

Christos