[ckan-discuss] 262 New Zealand, 70 Australian datasets happily in CKAN

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sun Jun 13 03:46:05 BST 2010

Hi all,

Just a heads up that every dataset from http://data.australia.gov.au &
http://data.govt.nz is now also found at CKAN

There are few things that I would like to do some finishing touches on, but
will postpone that work until next weekend:

New Zealand datasets are not populated with tags by my script. New Zealand's
tagging system seems overly complicated. Using rel='tag' in links would have
been an easier approach.

Generate format-xls/format-pdf/etc tags depending on the file types.

Licencing information is not yet being sent to CKAN in the format it wants.
I have included the original text, but getting a machine to guess what the
licence is and then match it to the id codes of licences that are already
accepted seems like a task for when I need to procrastinate. Basically, the
full licence details appear in the details section down the bottom of each
page, but not in the info box on the top right.

None of the files have hashes. I am reluctant to add my own hashes to the
downloaded files, because I can't ensure their authenticity as a third
party.

Cheers,

Tim.