[ckan-discuss] A quick hello

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Wed Mar 3 19:56:43 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the CKAN community. Together with
Daniel and a few others, I'll start working on an open data directory
for Germany in the coming weeks. Having explored CKAN for a few days,
I'm incredibly happy to find that such a nice package does exist for
metadata management.

Having worked extensively with Pylons and SQLAlchemy in the past [1], I
hope that the (mostly i18n-related) modifications we're going to make in
that process can provide some value back to the CKAN project.

In the longer term, I would also like to add to the ongoing development
effort - maybe someone could propose a few tickets for a CKAN newbie to
get started with? Here's a few areas I would like to contribute to:

* Multi-Server datapkg
* 0.5 SQLA migration
* Solr search as replacement for DbIndex
* Anything related to versioning

Cheers,

 Friedrich

[1] http://trac.adhocracy.de/