[ckan-discuss] installing ckan on Debian Lenny (no pip)

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 16:17:54 GMT 2010

On 12 March 2010 10:10, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:

> Thus to be absolutely specific you want to do:
>
> $ sudo easy_install virtualenv
> $ sudo easy_install pip
>
> Then just follow the pip/virtualenv instructions.

Thanks Rufus

That gets me a bit further

But now there's a setuptools problem

I've run the command it suggests - but this didn't help

    The required version of setuptools (>=0.6c9) is not available, and
    can't be installed while this script is running. Please install
     a more recent version first, using 'easy_install -U setuptools'.

    (Currently using setuptools 0.6c8
(/home/sean/ckan/hg/pyenv-ckan/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c8-py2.5.egg))
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:

--

Sean Burlington

www.practicalweb.co.uk
company number 06427950