[ckan-discuss] CKAN package ID debate

Evan King Evan.King at coi.gsi.gov.uk
Wed Mar 24 10:13:10 GMT 2010

I like the 301 redirect suggestion.

Beyond that, I also think the API versioning is something that should happen anyway, could we implement both?

Evan King
evan.king at coi.gsi.gov.uk

T: 020 7261 8635
M: 07726628294
COI
Hercules Road
London
SE1 7DU

>>> Sean Burlington <sean at practicalweb.co.uk> 03/24/10 8:38 AM >>>
Can I suggest another  option for consideration

continue to use package names - if someone requests a package by a
name that has changed this could result in a 301 redirect to the new
name

This would not require a change to the API, and would allow names to
change without breaking things.

It may be best to use package IDs I'm not sure - just wanted to throw
this into the pot.

Sean Burlington

www.practicalweb.co.uk
company number 06427950