[ckan-discuss] Enhancing support for Linked Data / Semantic Web

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Mon May 17 23:02:36 BST 2010

On 10-05-16 22:43, Jan Demter wrote:
> Hello CKANists!
>
> I'd like to work on CKAN during my master thesis (CS). While I might still be able to help out on various issues, my main efforts would have to be somehow related with support for Linked Data / Semantic Web.
> Does anybody have any ideas/visions for this beyond the things already done in v0.11?

Hello Jan, good news!

I did some work a little while ago transforming CKAN data into RDF, and
running a prototype triplestore front end at http://semantic.ckan.net/,
there's a python package that does this[1]. More recent work has been
elaborating the RDF infrastructure, mostly focused on a project having
to do with bibliographic[2][3] data but keeping in mind reusing it for a
second try at semantic.ckan.net and elsewhere.

Not sure what your area of interest is, most RDF efforts flounder on
useability and user-interface issues.

Would be very happy for your help and input.

Cheers,
-w

[1] http://bitbucket.org/ww/ckanrdf/
[2] http://bibliographica.org
[3] http://knowledgeforge.net/pdw/trac

--
William Waites           <william.waites at okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation