[ckan-discuss] Theming CKAN: docs and thoughts

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu May 20 19:10:26 BST 2010

One obvious requirement for people installing new instances of CKAN is
to easily re-theme it.

I've started a user doc on this here:

<http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan/doc/theme>

Comments welcome.

Writing this also made me think about how we could make some theming
easier. In other projects we've created a "site_title" configuration
variable (similar to wordpress blog title) that can be used to
configure page title and main site title. I've created a ticket for
this feature:

<http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/ticket/320>

Would this be a useful feature? Would it be useful to have a site_logo
variable as well (which could be html) for people to do more elaborate
configuration of in page title e.g. use a logo image?

Regards,