[ckan-discuss] CKAN, geodata and INSPIRE

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon May 24 18:44:23 BST 2010

Led by Jo Walsh, we've recently started looking heavily at geodata
specific support in CKAN especially in relation to INSPIRE (especially
data discovery services).

We already had a wiki page for this here which has just been updated
substantially:

<http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan/inspire/>

Rather than put the geo stuff in "core" the plan is for it to be
provided as a ckan "extension" (we hope this kind of extension
approach could be a good model for extending ckan to work with
domain-specific metadata in other areas).

Work is starting in this repo:

<http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/ckanext>

Thanks to Jo's efforts we already have a basic "geo" form for entering geo data.

Regards,