[ckan-discuss] CKAN advisory group?

David Eaves david at eaves.ca
Tue May 25 18:02:47 BST 2010

Jonathan,

I think it makes a ton of sense. Figuring out how to improve CKAN's
different aspects is the right goal.

Two thoughts on this.

First... it might be hard to get mind share from people like TBL, they
are obviously getting pulled in thousands of different directions. I'm
wondering if recruiting some lesser known talent, but one who an see
their star attached to CKAN more directly might yield more input and a
longer relationship?

Second, another way to do this might be to ask to ask a developer from
CKAN to do a 5 min ignite talk at conferences which focus on the aspects
of CKAN you talked about (e.g. design, UI) in which the purpose of the
talk was to share the key challenges of CKAN in that area and invite the
audience for feedback. You might find several people at the conference
pull you aside and give you a treasure in feedback and suggestion -
possibly even cultivate some new contributors.

I know neither of these are ground breeaking suggestions but wanted to
put them out there.

cheers,
dave