[ckan-discuss] Updated content of Spanish Ckan instance

William Waites ww at eris.okfn.org
Tue Nov 16 23:49:15 GMT 2010

* [2010-11-16 23:45:14 +0100] Stefano Costa <stefano.costa at okfn.org> écrit:
]
] if you can, please do it..! :-)

Ok! It's officially on the list then. Not sure how much time I'll have
with the conference this week, but it should be pretty trivial. Mostly
thinking about the layout of URIs... Which is nicer:

  http://semantic.ckan.net/ca/...
  http://ca.semantic.ckan.net/...
  http://semantic.ca.ckan.net/...
  something completely different

More interesting would be to have these updated by a worker process,
instead of the daily cron job, but I guess we'll need to wait until
that part settles -- I think Olly and Friedrich are working on
this...

] Also, on a lower level of technology, how difficult/useful would it be
] to add some RDFa to each package page?

If we keep it to a minimum, e.g. just a title and a
foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf link pointing at the complete RDF it should be
fine and should avoid too much duplication -- there are some rather
long sections that try to turn the miscellaneous extras and formats
that people put in into something consistent and reasonable.

This brings up another point -- conventions for key names in extras
and the expected types of their value. Maybe we should start a series
of wiki pages where these conventions can be elaborated and
documented..

Cheers,
-w

--