[ckan-discuss] CKAN UI improvements #1 - Package Page

Richard Pope richard at memespring.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 13:44:40 GMT 2010

Hello,

I've been looking at some potential changes to the CKAN UI. Rather than
embark on a mega-redesign I thought it would be best to take a section at a
time and see what small improvement could be made to try and make CKAN 1)
more easy to understand by a casual user 2) simpler and more intuitive to
navigate.

First up here are a few suggestions and a mockup for the package page:

http://ckan.org/wiki/UIRedesignPackage

Thoughts?

Richard

PS. In addition, here's a couple of sketch-notes I did which might be of
interest (assuming you can read my awful handwriting):

http://ckan.org/attachment/wiki/UIRedesign2010/ckanshare.jpg
http://ckan.org/attachment/wiki/UIRedesign2010/pages.jpg

--
/*