[ckan-discuss] ANN: Simple Content Autonegotiation (F)CGI

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Wed Oct 20 10:05:05 BST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:02:44AM +0100, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> As it happens, one of my hobbies is to inform implementors of content
> negotiation about how they screwed up.
>
> Not much to inform about here though -- q values, wildcards,
> everything works! I'm impressed.

Cool! Thank you :)

> I recommend adding a Content-Location [1] and Vary [2] header to the
> response.

I've added the Vary header... Will put in Content-Location later.
The Accept header parsing is actually slightly incomplete - it
doesn't handle extension parameters (not that I've ever seen
them in the wild). If you give it text/n3;foo=bar;q=0.5 it
will probably break.

The ideal would be to see this as a module in a web server
though, it seem "core" enough. I was somewhat surprised to see
that the common servers don't have this.

Cheers,
-w