[ckan-discuss] proposal for creating gr.ckan.net

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Oct 27 13:03:21 BST 2010

On 27 October 2010 07:03, MICHALIS VAFOPOULOS <vafopoulos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
> i would like to congradulate you for your immense effort.

Thanks :)

> my team and I would like to contribute to your effort for the CKAN project
> since we are working on creating Greek public datasets in Linked Data format
> and interlinking them to el.dbpedia.org (we have just initiated it) and
> other datasets. So, we would like to create gr.ckan.net and we will be
> grateful if you can give us some guidance on this.

This sounds very interesting and we'd be delighted to help you set up
gr.ckan.net. In terms of the steps to make this happen:

1. i18n CKAN service into Greek - see http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan/i18n/

2. Deploy gr.ckan.net - we're happy to deploy an instance for you or
you can host yourself and we'll point the domain to relevant server.
Which would you prefer?

> Our team is located in the Master Program in Web Science at Mathematics
> Department of Aristotle university of thessaloniki www.webscience.gr

Really good to hear from you Michalis and we look forward to collaborating!