[ckan-discuss] Global Open Data hackathon

David Eaves david at eaves.ca
Fri Oct 29 09:18:00 BST 2010

Okay, the more this idea gets talked about the more enthusiastic people
become. Given the excitement, I've decided to take all my thinking and
shove it into a blog post here
<http://eaves.ca/2010/10/29/lets-do-an-international-open-data-hackathon/>.

There are now over 20 people on this email so I've bcced people to
ensure privacy and to encourage us to move over to a listserve (see below).

There are now enough of us involved that I think we should move any
discussion to an actual list... Jonathan has volunteered the Open
Knowledge Foundation's Open Government List
<http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/open-government>, which I think
makes sense.

If you are interested this is all going to be locally driven, so I say
let's use the Etherpad that Jonathan has offered up
<http://opengovernmentdata.okfnpad.org/hackathon> to find one another
locally.

Hope this sits well with everyone. We may have started something here.
Anyone want to help me get a page up?