[ckan-discuss] Next version of the LOD cloud diagram. Please provide input, so that your dataset is included.

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Wed Sep 8 18:48:28 BST 2010

On 10-09-08 17:47, Ted Thibodeau Jr wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2010, at 01:31 AM, Peter DeVries wrote:
>
>> I am kind of annoyed by the CKAN site.
>
> I'm right there with you, Peter.
>
> Anja, you say "you can edit without logging in" but please note that
> the doc page [1] about this "database" says --
>
>    • Please register to CKAN bevor editing or adding any packages.

The login issues should be fixed now. Something had changed
at Google and Yahoo that was causing them to return 501
Unimplemented errors when the association was made. Updating
python-openid to a newer version (2.2.5) appears to have
solved the problem. Please let me know if anyone has further
troubles logging in.

> When I ignore that and do dive into editing DBpedia's listing,
> I discover --

(Leaving your comments intact for the ckan-discuss list, you
are correct that it is an RDBMS system and that starts
showing through clearly when people used to thinking in an
RDF or EAV way start throwing data at it. I am particularly
interested in looking at ways to improve this, keeping in
mind that it is a running system with real users and a lot
of effort that has gone into building it -- so we need to be
gentle).

--
William Waites           <william.waites at okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation

RDF Indexing, Clustering and Inferencing in Python
		http://ordf.org/