[ckan-discuss] Clear scoping of requirements

Richard Cyganiak richard at cyganiak.de
Thu Sep 9 05:32:15 BST 2010

Hi William,

On 7 Sep 2010, at 22:42, William Waites wrote:
> I definitely think that a longer term strategy is to migrate to a
> triplestore
> back-end instead of a SQL database.
> I'm sure we (OKF generally and CKAN developers in particular)
> would very much appreciate input from the community about
> whether and how we might go about this.

I don't want to stifle discussion on architectural issues, but this
scares me a bit. If such a migration would compete for the same
resources as fixing front-end issues like those raised by Christopher
Gutteridge last week, then please please please make some progress on
the front-end first. It's the front-end that makes or breaks CKAN, not
the back-end.

Best,
Richard