[ckan-discuss] Bug: Add packages to group (form)

Anja Jentzsch anja at anjeve.de
Tue Sep 14 10:38:29 BST 2010

Hi all,

since we are heavily using CKAN to maintain information on LInked Data datasets, we often add packages to the lodcloud group.
The form field for adding packages is kind of annoying at the moment. There is an auto-complete feature that prevents us from adding packages most of the time. You can only add packages by choosing from the auto-complete feature as far as I know. Since auto-complete doesn't update most of the times you only see the first 5 results, ordered alphabetically. Typing package names or titles doesn't usually change this list. At some point the package pops up for a second and then the first list (ordered list) pops up again. This were clicking fast might help, but if you hit the wrong package then there is no way to remove this added package for this editing process, since there is no way to uncheck the added package now. So if you already added 5 packages, add the wring 6th one, then the only way to rewind is reload the page and add all over again.
If package names and titles are short then adding them is even harder since auto-completion doesn't seem to react to short words.
So it would be really crucial to either fix the auto-completion (search titles and names and update on time) or provide a way to add packages by their names.

Cheers,
Anja (member of the LOD2 project)