[ckan-discuss] CKAN on Google App Engine

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Sep 16 08:46:02 BST 2010

Dear Tim,

This would be a great thing to investigate -- it has been on my
personal todo list for some time to investigate how hard it would be
to convert a standard pylons app for google appengine.

Would you be up for doing a small investigation and reporting back. I
would also be willing to contribute -- I imagine you'll start with a
'fork' of the CKAN mercurial repo and start patching it.

Rufus

On 16 September 2010 02:29, Tim McNamara <paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz> wrote:
> Given that Pylons[1] runs on Google's App Engine, has anyone dabbled with
> looking into how difficult it would be to install CKAN? I assume the most
> difficult thing would be to adapt the Postgres-orientated models to play
> with the datastore[2].
>
> Tim
>
> [1] http://countergram.com/pylons-google-app-engine
> [2]