[ckan-discuss] CKAN is slowwwwww

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Thu Sep 30 23:22:17 BST 2010

Christophe,

Yes it shouldn't be this slow doing 1500 queries. We've suffered
performance problems in the past 24 hours and this is probably
related. Having said that, I've opened a ticket to take a proper look
at this:
http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/ticket/667

This particular problem sounds ilke a job for the 'resource search'
feature, which achieves what you want in one query, taking under a
second:
http://ckan.net/api/search/resource?format=api/sparql

and you could add &all_fields=1 to get all the package properties to process.

I'm afraid this is a new feature so has been put into the ckanclient
yet, but should not be too hard to add in, as package search is almost
identical. Do write back to the list to let us know how you get on and
if you want any more help.

David