[ckan-discuss] Resource Formats, Mimetypes etc

William Waites ww at styx.org
Wed Apr 27 13:33:42 BST 2011

* [2011-04-27 13:15:48 +0100] Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> écrit:

] mimetype-inner: most innermost (important because it's what you get at
] the end of the day once you've unpacked -- it's the actual form of the
] data you would work with).
]
] > Doubtless I'll be accused of over-engineering here but really what we
] > seem to have is a set of nested resources, the inner resources not
] > particularly having a URI.

looking forward to some automated processing... zip files and tape
archives typically have multiple files and directories inside so you
really are looking at nested resources, potentially each with
different types...

automated processing? a tool that you point at ckan.net/package/foo
and it downloads an RDF dump and puts it in a triplestore in one
step. does it have to do the detective work to figure out what the
authors have put in their dump or can it be told in the metadata?

-w
--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>
http://river.styx.org/ww/        <sip:ww at styx.org>