[ckan-discuss] CKAN spam

Pablo Mendes pablomendes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:32:00 BST 2011

I tried to comment there, but apparently my IP is in some spam lists. I'll
check on that. But meanwhile, here were my comments:

What about this:

Packages:
- captcha required to edit URL field
- new packages get a rel="nofollow" that is removed after a probation period
(a week?)
- packages flagged as spam keep the rel="nofollow" until an admin deletes
either the flag or the package.

Users:
- Flagged users get all of their packages automatically tagged with
rel="nofollow".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nofollow