[ckan-discuss] package relationships

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Wed Aug 24 17:45:07 BST 2011

On 10 August 2011 15:06, Paul Hermans <paul at proxml.be> wrote:
> Dear,
> Environment: CKAN v1.4
> When I include following json snippet in my package upload
> ,
>                         "relationships":[
>                         {"object":"package_a",
>                          "subject": "package_b",
>                          "type":"dependency_of"
>                         }],
> I get following error response:
> {"__junk": ["The input field __junk was not expected."]}
> What am I missing?

Paul,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this - we've been
pretty thinly spread during this holiday period.

Thanks for raising this though - we can confirm it is a bug and I've
filed a ticket here: http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1288

As mentioned, the work-around is to remove the 'relationships' key. If
you want to edit the relationships, use the /api/rest/relationships
API.

Also the error message is not very helpful. I've filed a suggested
improvement here:
http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1287

We're discussing moving away from the "package relationships" concept
altogether, with one reason being we are more interested in people
forking/deriving resources rather than specifically package metadata
now. I'm putting together some thoughts and distribute them, but it
would be great to hear if you are interested in using package/resource
relationships and for what.

David