[ckan-discuss] CKAN install / documentation

Jo Walsh jo.walsh at ed.ac.uk
Thu Feb 10 14:53:58 GMT 2011

dear all,

Going through the CKAN install process as described here:
http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/doc/ckan/README.html#developer-installation

A couple of bugs in the documentation, then an error...

1) python-virtualenv listed as dependency - doesn't exist - should
just be virtualenv...

2) $ wget
http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/hg/raw-file/default/pip-requirements.txt

this file doesn't exist (as ckan code no longer on the deprecated
knowledgeforge). I found the file here, perhaps there's a better way?
$ wget --no-check-certificate
https://bitbucket.org/okfn/ckan/raw/a4caf6b8ce3d/pip-requirements.txt
$ wget
http://ckan.org/export/2243%3A7f2239b0f743/pip-requirements-metastable.txt

(the latest/unstable version failed to build due to ordf failing to build...)

I get as far as this step and then get another error:
$ paster make-config ckan development.ini

pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: FormAlchemy>=1.3.3: Not Found for:
ckan (did you run python setup.py develop?)

I have FormAlchemy 1.3.5 installed in my virtualenv. This is
OSX/python 2.6 if it makes any difference...

Any ideas?

jo
--
Jo Walsh

Unlock places - http://unlock.edina.ac.uk/
phone: +44 (0)131 650 2973
skype: metazool

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.