[ckan-discuss] Building CKAN's user community?

Bogomil Shopov bogomil at efb.bg
Thu Feb 24 13:15:02 GMT 2011

On 02/24/2011 02:50 PM, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> On 22 February 2011 21:28, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
> Great to start this thread Jonathan. IMO the key things are:
>
> 1. Community evangelism -- talking specific people about CKAN and the
> wider vision about getting, using and sharing data.
> 2. Providing some structure around the development CKAN the software
> 3. Structure/community practices around CKAN.net - the network of CKAN sites
Hey All,
I think we need to do some steps before that:
0. Describe the mission of the community
  --- Objective, Goals and success criteria
1.Plan the community
 --- Create implementation plan Internal (strengthen the existing
community) and external (how to get more people to the community)
2. Think about some kind of governance

Here is a sample plan I made for another organisation:
http://www.bogomil.info/sumo.html

//Bogo