[ckan-discuss] Using CKAN for Research Data Management?

Jo Walsh jo.walsh at ed.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 06:18:47 BST 2011

Yeah, we are looking at this in Edinburgh right now, CKAN for research data, alongside our attempts to prototype data.ed.ac.uk ... Cc'ing Robin Rice (spoke at OKCon 2007, did you meet?) http://radar.blogs.edina.ac.uk We've talked to the DCC about their data management plan tool -dmponline?

Havent looked at the call, maybe there are other plans afoot in Edinburgh already... Would be happy to follow any Skype chats about this. Andy Turner in Leeds might be interested too?

phone: +441316502973

Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:

Hi all, Does anyone know anyone who might be interested in using CKAN / thedatahub.org for managing (collections of) research data? In particular, I'd be interested in seeing if anyone was interested in applying to this to work with CKAN to provide open source infrastructure for managing research data: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/fundingopportunities/funding_calls/2011/06/managingresearchdata.aspx Perhaps worth blogging about this to explicitly solicit for input / ideas / contact from UK HE/FE research data management community? -- Jonathan Gray Community Coordinator The Open Knowledge Foundation http://blog.okfn.org http://twitter.com/jwyg http://identi.ca/jwyg_____________________________________________