[ckan-discuss] My thedatahub.org accounts appear to have been deleted

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jul 25 09:07:47 BST 2011

On 25 July 2011 06:34, Tim McNamara <tim.mcnamara at okfn.org> wrote:
> The accounts that I use for CKAN with Google authentication have both
> had their edit counts reduced to zero and API keys changed. I assume
> that means that the accounts were deleted and when I logged in again,
> new accounts were established. Does anyone know what's happened there?
> Has there been a database migration recently?

I don't believe there has been any migration affecting accounts. In
addition my account is unaffected and still working. I would note that
if you are trying to use google openid to login to thedatahub and used
it to login to ckan.net it won't work because (annoyingly) google
generate different 'openid' urls for you for different sites. Hence if
you use google openid to login to thedatahub you will end up with a
new account vis a vis your one on ckan.net. This obviously won't
happen with normal login or use of another openid provider.