[ckan-discuss] CKAN documentation plans - please comment!

Anna Powell-Smith annapowellsmith at okfn.org
Fri Jun 17 18:21:42 BST 2011

Hi all,

I'm working on CKAN documentation at the moment - trying to make the
(generally excellent, but scattered and sometimes outdated) existing
docs more coherent and accessible.

Rufus and I have just audited the current CKAN documentation, and this
is how we propose to update it:

http://wiki.ckan.net/Documentation_Plans#Suggested_overhaul_2011-06-17

Please get in touch if you have any thoughts or concerns - I'll be
working on ckan.org, the administrator and reference guides over the
next couple of weeks.

We also need your input on the user manual for CKAN, which is
currently the User Guide section at http://wiki.ckan.net/Main_Page

This will probably stay on the wiki, but will hopefully become a full
guide in two sections: introductory (using the web front-end) and
advanced (API usage etc).

I won't focus on this as much, so please help improve it - either
by adding suggestions to the overhaul page, or simply by editing the
wiki!

best wishes
Anna